It’s no secret that I love trying beauty products. That’s why I was excited to have the opportunity to try the new Mineral Fusion Mattifying Primer through Smiley360. Even in my late thirties, my face still tends to be on the oily side, particularly in the t-zone areas. That is why I knew this was a product that absolutely I needed to try.
One of the main active ingredients in the Mattifying Primer is Kaolin clay, which helps to absorb excess oil and reduce any shine. It also contains natural antioxidants and collagen-boosting peptides to help minimize fine lines and protect against signs of aging.
The primer, itself is completely colorless. Upon applying it, I noticed an instant smoothness to my skin. I first used it without applying any additional makeup or foundation to my face. It definitely did a great job at keeping any oil and shine at bay. Afterwards, I decided to start using the primer under my regular foundation. It did such a wonderful job at giving my skin a velvety matte finish. I also noticed that my makeup lasted longer throughout the day. One of the many things that really stood out for me about this primer was the scent. It has a light citrus fragrance that is really refreshing to the senses.
Mineral Fusion Mattifying Primer is just one of four products in their new collection of primers. You can also find the following:
- Color Correcting Primer (Neutralizes mineral pigments naturally and camouflage unwanted redness and hyperpigmenation)
- Hydrating Primer (Hydrates skin with nutrient-replenishing mineral water)
- Illuminating Primer (Shimmering gold flecks create a subtle, luminous glow)
What’s more, it’s nice to use products from a company with strong ethical standards. Here a brief rundown of the company’s philosophy:
- Mineral Benefits: Using triple milled minerals, all of their products “deliver wide-ranging benefits of minerals” to help perfect your complexion and revitalize your skin.
- Formula Purity: All Mineral Fusion products are 100% Vegetarian (many are even 100% Vegan). They are also free of gluten, parabens, phthalates, SLS, artificial colors and synthetic fragrances.
- Compassion: The company believes in making a positive contribution to “social welfare through increasing awareness and compassion,” so they have partnered with National Coalition Against Domestic Violence. Not only do they donate a portion of their profits to the NCADV, but they share their product with sponsored shelters.
From cosmetics to toners and scrubs, Mineral Fusion has created a whole line of beauty products specifically geared towards many different skin types. Mineral Fusion products are available online and at select Target stores. If interested, you can also print off a money-saving coupon for $3.00 off any Mineral Fusion Cosmetic or Facial Care item. The product is a bit higher in price than some other brands, but if you are looking for high-quality skin-care items with safe natural ingredients (some organic), made by a company with a positive mission statement and outreach, I’d say it’s definitely well worth it.