My son already has an adorable Bible board book, which I guess you can say is technically his first Bible, but the My First Hands-On Bible will be his first official one. You see this Bible is the only preschool version that doesn't just contain stories or paraphrasing, but actual abridged versions of real scripture (using New Living Translation) that is age-appropriate and easy to follow.
ABOUT MY FIRST HANDS-ON BIBLE:
This Bold Blue deluxe edition of My First Hands-On Bible is the preschooler version of the popular Hands-On Bible, which has sold nearly one million copies. Jesus taught with hands-on lessons and illustrations; My First Hands-On Bible uses the same experience-based learning to communicate God’s Word in an active, understandable way.
My First Hands-On Bible is a fun and simple, yet meaningful way to engage preschool, prekindergarten, and kindergarten children (ages 3–6) with the Bible while helping them build a solid faith foundation. Each lesson focuses on a specific Bible point through a variety of activities in order to reinforce and help young children remember the stories and lessons. Using common household items, you can help your children have a “hands-on” learning experience while engaging them in 85 key stories from the Bible.
My First Hands-On Bible doesn’t just retell the Bible stories; it also includes actual Scripture from the easy-to-understand and easy-to-read Holy Bible, New Living Translation. In addition to the stories and activities, there are fun illustrations, prayers, and a special Jesus Connection feature.
I personally received the Deluxe Edition, which features a cover with a faux leather material. This really offers an authentic feel that little ones will truly appreciate (just like mommy and daddy's Bible). We currently own the version that has a Bold Blue cover, but you can also find it in Pretty Pink. Bright and colorful illustrations fill each page to help engage young readers as they read scripture in both the Old and New Testaments.
My First Hands-On Bible also offers a ton of additional features and sections that allow parents and children to connect with the scripture they're reading:
- Hands-On Activities: Color coded handprint graphics throughout the Bible text will lead children through a variety of different activities that relate to what they are reading. For example, in 1 Samuel 17, children will read about David and Goliath. You will also find the following activity, "Goliath was really tall, and David was small. Point to two places on the wall to show how tall you think David and Goliath were."
- Additional Activities: Cuddles the Lamb offers readers even more day to day scripture themed activities to engage in.
- Time to Pray: Pockets the Kangaroo will guide each child through a small prayer after reading the scripture. (If you'd like to add to the interactive experience, both Pockets and Cuddles are also available for sale as plush puppets )
- Let's Talk: Asks children to discuss topics or answer questions relating to what they've just read.
- The Jesus Connection: Offers a simple statement showing that Jesus is present in both the New and Old Testaments.
I cannot express how delighted I am with the My First Hands-On Bible. In a year or so, this will be passed on to my little one as his first official Bible. I'm excited to have the chance to read this with him. I also look forward to watching him learn the Lord's great word, as he engages in all of the fun hands-on activities throughout each Bible story.
This post may include affiliate links, however all views expressed here are purely my own. Please feel free to review my disclosure policy for further information.