If you've ever went shopping (or even browsed) for a new a Bible, you might agree that there's no shortage of different types to choose from. Even more incredible is the fact that you can find a vast amount of Bibles specifically written for children of all different ages. Even though my son is still quite young, I've made it a goal to make sure that he is fully quipped with a collection of age-appropriate Bibles.
Because there are so many wonderful Bibles out there, choosing which one can prove to be tough. So far, I think I'm on the right track to gifting Bibles that I believe would be perfect for him as he grows through different stages of his life. Right now, he loves to flip through several of his Bible board books. Soon after, he'll be able to enjoy his very first official "Big Boy" Bible. When he eventually grows out of that one, I have plans to gift him the Big Dreams, Big Prayers Bible for Kids, a wonderful and handy Bible for older children.
ABOUT THE BIBLE:
The Big Dreams, Big Prayers Bible for Kids, NIV includes the complete New International Version (NIV) of the Bible along with devotions, prayers, and highlighted verses to help kids pray and listen for God’s answers to their prayers.
ABOUT THE PUBLISHER:
Zonderkidz, the children’s division of Zondervan, inspires young lives through imagination and innovation. As a leader in Christian children’s communications, it creates products that awaken the hearts and touch the souls of kids under 16. Zonderkidz is also the publisher of the NIrV (New International Reader’s Version) Bible translation, the 3rd-grade reading level edition of the NIV.
Some of the features of the Big Dreams, Big Prayers Bible for Kids include:
- A page to personalize and present to someone as a gift.
- An organized Books of the Bible page that categorizes each Book by Law, Gospels, History, Church History, Letters, Poetry, Major Prophets, Minor Prophets, and Prophecy
- A table of Weights and Measures
- Highlighted verses for helpful studying and memorization
- A Prayer section modeling the hand and guidelines to help children to pray
- Ten Commandments for Children
- An intro to praying and saying the Lord's prayer
- A devotions index that mentions those characters in the Bible who have prayed and followed God's guidance.
- Introductions, providing detailed information on what is included in each book of the Bible.
- Pages in the back for kids to journal and add their own personal prayers
- Organized reading plans with separate courses for managed Bible reading goals.
- A Topical Index for easy reference on various subject matter in the Bible
- A separate verse index that discusses becoming a Christian.
The Big Dreams, Big Prayers Bible for Kids is written in true NIV (New International Version) translation, and one that I feel my son will find enjoyable to read. You can actually say that this particular Bible has the best of both worlds, since the many unique extras (mentioned above) are actually written in such a way that a younger generation will better relate to.
This makes a wonderful Bible for children, both boys and girls, ages eight all the way up until their early teen years. If you are in search of a suitable Bible for this age group, then I highly recommend giving Big Dreams, Big Prayers Bible for Kids a try!
SIGN UP FOR DAILY EMAILS AND CONNECT WITH OUR EVERYDAY HARVEST:
This post may include affiliate links, however all views expressed here are purely my own. Please feel free to review my disclosure policy for further information.